Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


Did anyone see the moon last night? Did you get a good view of the eclipse from where you live? Apparently, we aren't actually in the viewing zone, but as we turned into our neighborhood after the puppet show last night, I saw the moon over the trees, and it was so big and so orange that I slammed on the brakes to get a longer look. When we got home, I ran out to find a good place to see it. There are so many tall trees here that it's hard to see much of the sky. Finally I found a spot at the foot of our neighbor's driveway, and called the rest of the family out to look. Mary was as excited as I was and wanted to take a picture. Our camera isn't really meant for taking pictures of the moon, but at least it shows how orange it was. Even if it wasn't the eclipse, it was stunning.

No comments: