Thursday, July 3, 2008

Garden

I went outside to take garden pictures and heard a crashing as this big deer bounded away. She jumped over the creek, then stood still and stared at me. I zoomed in as much as I could and took a couple pictures. She's mostly in the shadows, but you can see her eyes glowing.



Here's what else is in our garden:

really tall red flowers



broccoli



mint, sage and chives



flowers that look like fireworks. I saw a hummingbird near them the other day.



Here are some garden flowers in the kitchen.





I'll have to find out the names of all these plants that grow in North Carolina. I called a landscaper who used to work at the North Carolina Botanical Garden, and we're going to schedule a time when he can come over and walk around the yard with me and tell me about what grows here and how to take care of it (or get rid of it, if it's poisonous or invasive).

No comments: