Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Doll wheelchair

Audrey has been wanting to make something with wheels. Yesterday we went shopping for parts, and today we made this doll wheelchair out of cardboard, duct tape, pencils, casters, furniture moving pads, a dowel, and a couple screws and nuts. We looked at images of wheelchairs (and chariots, our next project) on Google, and studied the bottom of a wagon to see how the wheels were attached. We used the drill and saw together, she used her new screwdriver, and I used the box cutter. Now she's adding a seat belt made of a rubber band.

It sort of rolls.

Ta dah!

No comments: