Sunday, March 29, 2009

Little Sweet Betsy (Trillium cuneatum)



Scott and I went for a walk in the Coker Arboretum while the kids were in Sunday school, and I found out the name of this plant that's blooming in my backyard. Today the arboretum was full of people with cameras. Spring is that beautiful.

I couldn't find any interesting information about Little sweet betsy on the internet, except for one person who posted a photo of it on Flickr, and described the smell as "between green apple and new car plastic." I'll let you know after I smell it for myself.

1. Poison ivy
2. Virginia creeper
3. Wild blackberry
4. Lamb's Ear
5. Great laurel
6. Fireworks Goldenrod
7. Orange Jewelweed
8. Blue Anise Sage
9. Sage
10. Greek oregano
11. Rosemary
12. Azalea
13. Stilt grass
14. Crocus
15. Daffodil
16. Hyacinth
17. Camellia
18. Little Sweet Betsy

No comments: